Professional photographer, amateur or simply a huge 3×3 basketball fan? Your time has come to show your best basketball court photos and get something other than likes on your Instagram page.
FIBA International Basketball Federation wants to see basketball through your eyes.
The 2021 edition of the FIBA Photo Contest is all about Urban Culture and Basketball and there are prizes for everyone – or at least for the top 10 photos.
“Basketball is part of urban culture and lifestyle. It is expressed through its public playgrounds. Its players take pride in their style. They embrace values and norms such as freedom, fair play, equality of races and genders. Street and urban fashion as well as music and art trends often have their origin here. They are sisters & brothers with street dancers, skaters, parkour and graffiti artists.”
3×3 basketball becomes more popular through its Olympic inclusion. “From the Streets to the Olympics” became the tagline of the movement.
Send your images that show the rich and diverse culture of basketball in cities around the world. The application is open until May 15th and you can participate with up to three pictures!
Sorry, illustrators and Photoshop lovers! Drawings, illustrations and computer-made or assisted pictures are not allowed. Yeah, sure, a bit of change in the saturation and contrast is fine but don’t go crazy on them!
The full list of specifications is listed here and so are the prizes.
A jury will select the best photographs to be exhibited at the House of Basketball, the world headquarters of FIBA.
- 1st Prize: Photographic equipment valued in 3.000 CHF. Luxury Watch. Publication in FIBA Photo Book 2021.
- 2nd Prize: Photographic equipment valued in 1.500 CHF. Luxury Watch. Publication in FIBA Photo Book 2021.
- 3rd Prize: Photographic equipment valued in 1.000 CHF. Luxury Watch. Publication in FIBA Photo Book 2021.
- 4th to 10th Prize: FIBA Official Licence Products. Publication in FIBA Photo Book 2021.
- Special prize: 100 MiniBasket balls. To the National Federation of the country with the most photos submitted.
Participation is free of charge and everyone regardless of age, nationality, and country of residence is welcome to join.
Slam dunk that prize and submit your best shot via this link.